Our practice respects your right to privacy. We realise that it is important that you understand the purpose for which we collect details about your health, as well as how this information is used at our practice and to whom this information might be disclosed.
The policy of this practice is to follow these procedures:
1. Information collected on your treatment record will be used for the purpose of providing treatment to you. Personal information such as your name, address and health insurance details will be used for the purpose of addressing accounts to you, as well as processing payments and writing to you about any issues affecting your treatment.
2. We may disclose your health information to other health care professionals, or require it from them if, in our opinion, that is necessary in the context of your treatment. In that event, disclosure of your personal details will be minimised wherever possible.
3. Your patient history, treatment records, x-rays and other material relevant to your treatment will be kept here. You may view or request copies of your treatment records or x-rays at any time. Once a release of records form is signed, we will then forward your records to the requested health care provider.
4. Parents and guardians must satisfy us with their identity and legal guardianship before we will disclose any information or release any records regarding treatment.
5. If any of the information we have about you is inaccurate, you may ask us to alter our records accordingly.
6. We may use your photos on our website, Facebook or Google+ - we will ask for verbal approval prior to use.
You can otherwise rest assured that your health information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality. Disclosure will not be made to any person not involved in either your treatment or the administration of this practice without your prior written consent unless disclosures are permitted by law.
If you have any queries or concerns about our handling of your health information, please do not hesitate to discuss any of these concerns with our friendly practice staff.