COVID-19 - 3 DAY LOCKDOWN
CURRENT 29th June 2021 to Friday 2nd July 2021
The Queensland Government has today announced a three-day lockdown from 6pm Tuesday 29 June to 6pm Friday 2 July for the 11 South-East local government areas of Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Gold Coast. In addition to these areas, Townsville, Palm Island and Magnetic Island are also subject to lockdown restrictions.
At this stage, attending to medical and health care appointments remains permitted, however as per this directive Dr Saicich will defer all treatment deemed non-essential where appropriate during this lockdown period.
All staff at About Face Orthodontics will as always:
- Follow ADA guidelines for managing COVID-19 in the Practice
- Screen all patients prior to attendance at the practice
Wearing masks in public is also mandatory for the next two weeks, and this includes patients in the practice waiting rooms (over the age of 12 years) as well as practice staff.
Please note: There are some exceptions to wearing a face mask, including:
- children under 12
- A person eating, drinking or taking medicine
- Where visibility of the mouth is essential
- Where a mask needs to be removed to clearly communicate
- A person with a particular medical condition or disability
- A person undergoing medical treatment
- If a person is asked to remove a face mask for identity purposes
- If wearing a mask creates a risk to a person’s health and safety
in an emergency or when required by law
- In any circumstances when it’s not safe to wear a mask
- If you are an air crew member or airport worker who is not interacting directly with passengers.